Assalamualaikum w.b.t
Yesterday(26 January 2013) I asked my father about something that my cousin once told me She said that I was named after Masjid Namirah. On the year of my birth my grandparents went to perform haji. Once I was birth,my grandmother wanted to name me Namirah after the name of the mosque in Makkah. Which is Masjid Namirah. I was so happy once I knew it. I quickly Google search for the picture of the mosque. I can only smile and be proud once I saw the pictures. For years I've been searching for the meaning of my name. Every Muslim name has their own meaning. And all this year I haven't found the meaning of Namirah. I can only found the meaning of Nur which give a meaning 'light'. Only yesterday I had the courage to ask my father about my name's meaning Syukur alhamdulillah. The meaning of Namirah gave me a confidence in a way that I can told you how much it means to me. Maybe one day when I finally had the change to perform the haji I can visit the mosque,the place where it all begin. The place where my name came from.
Let me tell you about Masjid Namirah. The mosque is in the middle of Padang Arafah. Namirah was the name of a woman who was willing to take care of the mosque for the rest of her life. She was buried there too. Once when Rasulullah S.A.W was performing haji wada'. He perform solat Zohor and Asar Jama' Taqdim there.
There was also a story where the mosque was build by the ruler of Abassiyah in the middle of the second century. It was named Namirah because the mosque was very near to a small hill called Namirah. Masjid Namirah is not included in the Arafah. Masjid Namirah now is very big. With 8000 metres square,64
entrance,6 towers and this mosque can occupied up to 350 thousand people when performing solat.
Amazing isn't it. I wish that I can visit it one day and maybe take pictures with it. Can you imagine? Nur Namirah taking picture in front of Namirah Mosque. Hope my dreams will come true one day. Amiin.. =)
-Nur Namirah-
Salam Namirah,
ReplyDeleteI wish that my name is after a name of a mosque but I guess my mom and my dad really fancy Hani since Hani is a name for one of the twins that she took care of. But whatever it is, be proud of your name and insyAllah, I ll pray that you ll be one of the HIS guest.. Aminnn
Thank You Miss..Insya'Allah...Amiin..you too
ReplyDelete